Top 5 Hair Masks for bleached hair
The hair mask is the ultimate weapon to ensure your bleached hair looks sleek and luscious.
Hair masks contain small lipid molecules that are small enough to get into the centre of each hair strand and here it stays making the hair look sleek and nourished and removing the frizzy fried look. Bleaching your hair can make your hair feel hard, frizzy and with a straw like texture due to the fact that bleaching makes your hair more porous. Basically this means that there are holes in your hair strands leaving the hair weaker, leading to split ends and eventually strands breaking off if left untreated. Bleach also removes the natural lipids from your hair, making it weaker and looking dried out and dull.
Do not be fooled by advertising, once the hair is frayed you cannot fix it, but a hair mask will help you to disguise the damage in a big way by packing the hair strands with lipids making them look thicker, reducing frizz, help with manageability and work to nourish the cuticle. It can prevent split ends and hair snapping off when used regularly.
Key: You need a mask that adds lipids and moisture not protein.
Here are our favourite hair masks for bleached hair:
- The best mask we’ve found is Kerastase Resistance Therapiste Masque, which is saturated with light weight lipids that penetrate the core of the hair strand. This mask is magic and you can see the difference with one use. However it does carry a high price tag!
- The Coco & Eve Like a Virgin Hair Masque smells delicious, looks adorable, comes with a free tangle teaser and is a clean beauty mask, which gives it extra points. With a similar price tag to the mask above, we would recommend the Kerastase mask for results, but if clean beauty and instagram worthy products are your jam, this will still give your hair fantastic results.
- For budget friendly option try the Herbal Essences Bio Renew Argan Oil of Morocco Hair Repair Treatment for Dry Damaged Hair. This is parabens, colourant and paraffin free and is the leading contender in the clean beauty range of hair products at affordable prices. Herbal essences have really done a great job with this range and the bottles even look pretty. We highly recommend the shampoo and conditioner too if you are looking for best budget buys that actually give results.
- If your bleached hair is looking orange or brassy in colour (its cool, it happens over time as the toner from the salon fades), try the Kerastase Blond Absolu Ultra-Violet Masque to tone the hair colour back to a beautiful ash blond tone.
- Everyone talks about the Olaplex system and Olaplex no.3 Hair Perfecter is the hair mask equivalent. Its not our absolute favourite as we have tried all the products above and rate the top 4 above Olaplex in terms of personal results. But many many people swear by this brand and so we can’t skip over it. It wasn’t bad when we tried it, it just wasn’t the best!!